For those of you who are trying to get a head start with Operations Manager 2007, we have noticed some confusion when trying to load management packs.
On the mangement server, there is a management pack directory. However, those management packs are already loaded into the Operations database.
On the installation media itself, you will find a management pack directory, e.g. \ManagementPacks. From there you can import management packs for:
- Exchange Server 2003
- Information Worker 2003, Information Worker 2007
- SharePoint Portal Server 2003
- SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005
- System Center ASPNET 2007
- Windows Client 2000, Windows Client XP
- Internet Information Services 2000, Internet Information Services 2003
- Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003 (Active Directory)
- Windows Server AD Client Monitoring
- Terminal Services 2000, Terminal Services 2003
- SharePoint Services 2000, SharePoint Services 2003
Here’s something nice Microsoft built into the management pack import process: f you try to import a management pack when one already exists with the same or later date, you will receive an error and not be able to import it.