Those of you who preordered System Center Operations Center 2012 Unleashed may have recently received an email from Amazon saying that the release date has changed to November 14-16, 2012. Here’s some background:
- The previous July date was a suggested date by Amazon. It is not based on a date we provided to the publisher or that the publisher gave to Amazon.
- System Center 2012 was not released to manufacturing (RTM’ed) until April 2012. There were a number of significant changes between RC and RTM, and the book lab was rebuilt from scratch to incorporate the RTM release. This also meant any and all text and screenshots taken during RC had to be reevaluated for its appropriateness in the RTM release. Any book that did not start authoring in April 2012 (or examine all content produced prior to that) will be based on some RC features and code.
- The book is currently under development, with three authors and seven contributors. Over 450 pages of content have been written, and we’re not through yet!
- We expect the book to release before the end of this year but do not have specific dates at this point.
- We are committed to providing the best book available on OpsMgr 2012 and have gone back to add content to chapters where we felt additional depth would be appropriate.